Türk Bankasi performs its business activities with reference to the principle, “respect to humans is the basis for success”, without any discrimination between either its employees or its customers; without discriminating for nation, religion, financial and social status, sex, etc. while providing its services. The Bank, pursuing social welfare and adopting the principle of respecting the environment, operates in line with the “Banking Ethical Principles” issued by the Banking Association pursuant to Article 47 of the TRNC Banking Law No.39/2001, in strict compliance with the provisions of the relevant laws, bylaws and regulations, and expects its employees and directors act in accordance with the Banking Ethical Principles.
Türk Bankasi, within the framework of the ethical principles it has adopted, prioritizes the following values in its operations to ensure protection of savers’ rights and benefits, trust and consistency in financial markets, and social welfare:
• Pursuing of Social Welfare and Respecting the Environment
• Prevention of Insider Trading,
• Prevention of Laundry of Crime Proceeds and Terror Financing
• Avoiding any Activity that would Cause Unjust Competition between Banks,
• Protecting Common Benefits of the Sector,
• Performing Activities that would Reinforce General Trust in the Banking Sector,
• Avoiding any Activity that would Impair the Reputation of the Banking Sector,
• Informing the Customers on the Products and Services Provided,
• Protection of the Customers’ Secrets,
• Increasing Service Quality,
• Respecting Customers and Performing Trustworthy Actions,
• Sensitively Addressing Customer Complaints,
• Ensure that Personal and Other Interests that Conflict with Customer Interests
• Do not Affect Banking Transactions in any manner.
Moreover, Türk Bankasi has adopted all Ethical Principles issued by the Bankers’ Association as its own Ethical Principles in order to comply with the laws, bylaws and regulations, ensure trust among customers, employees and shareholders, and prevent misconduct and/or fraud.